The Leica RM2255 rotary microtome, designed for fully motorized sectioning of both paraffin- and resin-embedded specimens, offers a broad application spectrum in routine and research laboratories in histology as well as in industrial materials and quality control. Its two-in-one design concept, which allows motorized as well as manual sectioning, provides reproducible quality sections.
The sectioning speed can be adjusted to cut hard materials as well as paraffin-embedded specimens at high throughput without any detriment to sectioning quality. This microtome is designed for users who require a fully motorized/electronic microtome for their laboratory needs.
- Fully motorized rotary microtome with adjustable sectioning speed and two-speed horizontal coarse specimen movement
- Ergonomically designed, external control panel
- Rapid, convenient switching between sectioning and trimming settings
- Selection of continuous movement or single step coarse feed in Sectioning mode
- Four sectioning modes (rock, continuous, single and step)
- “Specimen retraction on demand” function
- Adjustable cutting window
- Safety handwheel with two safety locking mechanisms
- Vertical stroke length ~70 mm (whole prostates)
- Electronic totalizer display for section thickness and number of revolutions of the handwheel
$6/hour for UC Davis users, $8/hour for non-UC Davis users