The Leica Frigocut 2800n cryostat is designed primarily for the demanding needs of cryosectioning systems in the field of biomedical, neuro-anatomical and pharmaceutical research. Particularly when working with delicate specimens – for example brain samples in neuroscience – the precise specimen orientation and the specimen feed system via step motor guarantees reproducible thin serial sections of maximum quality.
The Leica CM3050 S cryostat features superior user comfort with excellent safety standards for practically all types of cryosectioning applications. It is the instrument of choice for all cryosectioning research applications and also for advanced clinical cryosectioning needs.
- Motorized sectioning
- Encapsulated microtome
- Programmable defrost cycles
- Chamber temperature down to -40°C
- Specimen temperature down to -50°C
- Section thickness setting: 0.5 to 300 µm
- Maximum specimen size: 55 x 70 mm
- Optional electrohydraulic height adjustment
$6/hour for UC Davis users, $8/hour for non-UC Davis users